♡My Summer Essentials 2014♡

 


Leopard print skaters: Carvela at Kurt Geiger, Silver metallic skaters: Topshop, Sunglasses: Topshop,
Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation, Nail Polish: Essie "Tart Deco", Lipgloss: Tanya Burr "Chic", 
Mac Lipstick: "Hue", Mac Lipstick: "Crosswire", Mac Eyeshadow: "Woodwinked", Mac Blusher: "Springsheen",
Necklaces: Topshop, St Tropez Bronzing Lotion, Palmers Natural Bronze Body Lotion, Orgins 10 Minute Miracle Mask, Clinique Wash-away cleanser.

Summer time has crept up on us once again and I couldn't be more thrilled! No uni, no exams, no reports...just plenty of time to catch up with all of my friends and family.

Today I thought i'd share with you my 2014 summer essentials. I've picked out a few pieces that I haven't been able to live without recently or that I think are great products for the warmer months.

First up is shoes. I have literally been living in slip on style shoes since February. They're just so comfortable and do great things when paired with a simple outfit. The leopard print ones I bought whilst I was down in London at the start of this year interning for Kurt Geiger and I swear they haven't been off my feet since!! As they were starting to show a few signs of wear, I picked up these metallic ones from Topshop so I could give my trusty Carvela ones a well deserved rest! I think the silver metallic is a great summer colour and they will be perfect to style up a casual outfit!

Summer skincare is essential! If you have oily skin like me you will understand that in the warmer months it can look like someone has smeared your face in olive oil 24/7!! To keep my oiliness at bay I have been loving Clinique's Wash-Away Cleanser. It feels so refreshing on my face and gets rid of my oiliness without overly drying out my skin. It removes makeup so easily and really wakes up my skin after use! 

I have spoken about the Origins Out of Trouble mask in a previous post so I won't go into too much detail only that it is great for those troublesome breakouts that can occur from the change in weather!

Now on to my favourite part! Makeup!! During summer I always love to go for bronzed and coral colours- I feel they really compliment a tan and give you a gorgeous summer glow! I think my favourite out of the lot I have posted above is MAC's blush in "Springsheen". It is a beautiful orangy/gold colour- really similar to Nars "Orgasm" if you've used that before. The gold particles within the blush are not overly shimmery or sparkly, they give a beautiful glow to the face so much so that I would skip out on the highlighter when using it. I cannot believe I haven't discovered this product sooner- definitely one I now can't live without!

The eyeshadow pictured above is MAC' "Woodwinked"- another new favourite of mine! Woodwinked is a stunning warm antique brown with beautiful golden shimmers running through it. The great thing about this shade is that when you blend it out with a brush, it changes its color and it appears darker than in the not so blended areas. I love this, as I don’t need to apply a separate shade into my crease, which is fab when I’m too lazy or in a rush!

My three favourite lip products this month have been MAC lipsticks in Hue and Crosswires (sorry that everything seems to be from MAC, this was not planned!) and Tanya Burr's lipgloss in "Chic". Hue is a soft pale pink colour, perfect for pairing with an evening style smoky eye, while Crosswires is a beautiful pinky orange- a perfect day time colour to pair with neutral eyes! And lastly, Tanya Burr's lipgloss in Chic. This is definitely my favourite out of her collection. It looks great on its own or over a nude lipstick and seems to go with any eyeshadow combination you could think of! Thumbs up from me Tanya!

Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Even Finish foundation is another summer must have of mine! It is a medium but build-able coverage foundation that feels very light on the skin. Although it's a matte finish foundation, it still gives my skin a natural radiance which I love! This product contains lavender oil which should be a big no no as it is a known skin irritant but I haven't had any problems with it yet and fingers crossed it stays that way!

Naturally I have very pale skin so in the summer (or actually all year round!) I have to fake  it! I am too much of a wimp to go on sun beds so I always opt for a tanning lotion. A pain to scrub off and re apply but hey, at least it won't give me cancer! My favourite tanning combination has to be St Tropez bronzing lotion teamed with Palmers Natural Bronze. I apply 2 layers of St Tropez at the beginning of the week and top it up with the Palmers as needed throughout the following days! The Palmers lotion is actually a gradual tanning moisturiser which is great as the moisture is maintaining my St Tropez colour while the tanning agent included adds a hint more colour as I start to fade! Perfect!

Essie's nail varnish in Tart Deco is all I have been wearing on my nails recently. It is a gorgeous creamy coral colour which is super long lasting and complements my (fake) tan skin beautifully!

Lastly, I thought i'd add in these beautiful necklaces from Topshop (pictured above). The pack of 3 cost £10 and they look so pretty and delicate layered on my neck. Again, I think layering necklaces really picks up a plain outfit and just adds that extra something to your look!

And thats it! Those are the products I will be using religiously over summer! What are some of your summer essentials? Any products that you swear by in the summer? Let me know!!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SUZYBLUE. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig